Monday, September 24, 2018

Birthday Layout with Mixed Media

Have you noticed Texture Paste in the Holiday Expressions book? Well it's there and we have THREE kinds: Opaque Matte, Transparent Matte and Transparent Gloss! Wow are we going to have fun adding mixed media or what!!!!

I'm also sharing this post with Heart 2 Heart for their Sweet Treats challenge. Check it out!

Ok, so I started out simple. The loops of "frosting" on the cake are Opaque Matte Texture Paste. I used my Cricut and the Artbooking cartridge to cut the loop image. Then you just lay the stencil over the area you want that image. Take one of the palette knives and a little bit of the texture paste. Spread the paste over the cut out in the stencil. HINT: I used some washi tape to tape the stencil to my project to help keep it in place. then just carefully peal up the stencil and give it a little bath with a wet one to get the extra paste off before it dries. Let the paste on your project dry....it didn't take as long as I thought it would. After it was dry I used my Clear Shimmer Brush to paint on some sparkle to the loops! That part is hard to see in the photos but trust me that it's there!

I just placed the candle flames no the layout for the photo. They will be added for real after the photo is in place. 



Close To My Heart products
  • Paper Pack: Boutique
  • Cardstock: Charcoal, Glacier, Peacock, White Daisy, Canary
  • Cricut: Artbooking
  • Thin Cuts: Basic Hearts
  • Gold Glitter Gems
  • Clear Shimmer Brush
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you would like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Thanks for stopping by.
Come back often for more ideas and inspiration!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #CTMH #homedecor #cricut #holidays

Large jar
Trio of each texture past

Palette Knives
    



Stencil Sheets (hard to see)








6 comments:

  1. Love this, another great way to use the texture paste, awesome! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute project. I have not played with the texture paste yet. Thank you for playing along with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you brought in that texture on your cake decorating...cool. I have not used textured paint yet either but my daughter bought it as one of my gifts for my birthday so I probably should pull it out of hiding. Love how our built your cake...pretty and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use the texture paste--isn't it fun?!! And your layout is very nice too. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture!! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE seeing layouts for the H2H Challenges! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...