Friday, December 14, 2018

Double Trouble meets Bright and Bold


Bright and Bold
Open through December 31, 2018

Today Double Trouble meets the Color My Heart Color Dare for Bright and Bold. The only "rule" for this Color Dare is to use colors of your choice that give a bright and bold look. If you want to combine it with Double Trouble....and I think you should... they are having a really fun challenge called a 3-2-1. You must use at least 3 embellishments, 2 colors and 1 stamped or digital image. You'd probably use that anyway, wouldn't you so why not share with Double Trouble AND Color My Heart!

For my colors I referred to our new Love of Color book. It has each of our colors paired up with a 3, 4, and 5 color combination. It's a great way to be inspired by colors you might not have thought to put together. My card is an example of that. Sure I've thought to use Candy Apple and New England Ivy together but I never thought to add Smoothie! I also used a pattern from one of our How-to books so this card was quick and easy to make. Hint: I used clear sparkles then colored them with markers. I also used shimmer brushes on the frosting and candle flame.





Close To My Heart products
  • How-To Books: Love of Color, Make It from Your Heart, vol. 4, pattern 9
  • Stamp Set: Fabulous Birthday
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Smoothie
  • Paper Packs: Tis the Season, Seasonal Mix-in
  • Exclusive Inks: New England Ivy, Smoothie, Candy Apple
  • Embellishments: New England Ivy Burlap Ribbon, Candy Apple Ribbon, Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles, Gold Shimmer Brush
  • ShinHan Markers: Sap Green, Carmine
Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Be sure to check out both Color My Heart and Double Trouble. It's a lot of fun and we love seeing what you create!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #ctmh #colormyheart #colordare

6 comments:

  1. Yummy looking birthday cupcake! The twine is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I especially like that red background paper and have used it in my own designs. So sweet. Thank you for playing along at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie. I love that red paper, too! I'm a sucker for plaids!

      Delete
  3. I love the Christmas Colors on your cupcake! Thanks for sharing with us at the Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've been using the "Christmas" papers in a non-traditionally Christmassy way. Such a sweet cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...