Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Valentine's Day Meets Feels Like Home

Of all the wonderful new products in Seasonal Expressions 1, Feels Like Home Paper Collection is my favorite to create with. The peony image is from the Watercolor Die-cuts that coordinate with this paper. I decided to create some fancy Valentine's Day cards and I love how this one turned out. Next week I'll share another card I made that I love even more so come back to check that one out, too.

Did you know we have a value pack of cards and envelopes? Well we do and it's a real bargain. Priced at $15.95 you get 50 white card bases and envelopes! That's only 32 cents per card to get you started. 

I colored the flowers with a water brush and ink from the lid of the stamp pad. This technique is one of my favorite ways to color images. I first brushed a layer of Sugarplum to get a light base. Then I went back and added a second layer concentrating on the lines of the image. The lines show you exactly where to put the shadows. Finally, I used the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush to add a shimmery layer on the shadows. I did the same things using Fern ink for the leaves but didn't add any shimmer. 

The circle was cut with a Thin Cut die and the lines on the background layers were also added with a Thin Cut die. 

By the way, my inspiration for this card came from a card in our Seasonal Expressions 1 catalog (click to view online). Take a look on page 77 and you'll see it on the bottom. I did make some a few little adjustments but otherwise just copied what I saw. Use those examples in the catalog to inspire or flat out copy! 






Close To My Heart products
  • Paper: Feels Like Home, Feels Like Home Watercolor Die-cuts
  • Stamp Set: Wordfetti, Beloved Bouquet (retired)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Exclusive Inks: Sugarplum, Fern, Charcoal
  • Thin Cut dies: Stitched Circles, Decorative Borders
  • Tools: Water brush, Thin 3D Foam Tape
  • Embellishments: Sugarplum Shimmer Brush, Silver Thread
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

I hope you liked my card. Have fun creating your own!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #ctmh

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...