Monday, February 24, 2020

Encouragement Card ~ AHS Challenge #357



Welcome to a new Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge. I love having a sketch to start a project! I love how this card turned out and the sketch is a big part of the appeal.

To get the notches in the corners you could use a die if you have one like that. I don't so I had to improvise using a circle punch. I put those two layers of paper on top of each other so I could punch them at the same time. Then I inserted the corner into the punch until I had the angle I wanted and punched! I made a small mark on the punch so I could keep the corners the same.

Since I used layers of patterned papers I needed to define the edges. I used a sponge apply ink to the edges to give it just enough to blend in and yet define the edges. I popped up the white layer with Thin 3D Foam Tape, wrapped some gold thread around my fingers to make a bow, added some glitter gems. The final touch was to do a shimmer wash over the sentiment.



Here is a close-up showing the shimmer over the sentiment.

Inside of the card.

Joy by Melissa Esplin Stamp Set

Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Joy by Melissa Esplin
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Celebrate Today
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon
  • Embellishments: Gold Thread, Gold Glitter Gems, Raspberry Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Sponge, Circle Punch (retired)
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

What will you make using this sketch? We can't wait to see. Use the link on our Atlantic Hearts home page. Have fun!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #atlanticheartsketchchallenge #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...