Friday, February 28, 2020

Tic Tac Toe Fun! ~ Color Dare #383

Do you like to play Tic Tac Toe? Come on and join the fun using Tic Tac Toe as our means of picking colors to create any paper craft you like! Just like the game, pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. Then if you want to add some more of the colors in the grid that fine. You can even use them all! The catch..... yes there's always a catch........ is that you can't add any extra colors.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. "Close enough" doesn't count. Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page when you've completed your project. Full details can be found on our home page, too.

I decided to use the colors in the right column: Wisteria, Mint and Peach. I stamped the dragonfly in Wisteria and cut it out using the coordinating Thin Cut die. I stamped some peach for the background and splattered some shimmer brush behind this layer on the card. The dot paper comes from our Celebrate Today paper pack. I finished it off with some Wisteria Ribbon and some sequins from the Julep pack. I selected the clear sequins knowing they would pick up the colors of the card. I painted the wings of the dragonfly with a Clear Shimmer Brush to give is a nice subtle sparkle. The sentiments come from our February Stamp of the Month called Cherishing Her. It's only available Feb. 1-29 then it will be gone!







Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Sets: Country Dragonfly + Thin Cut, Stokes of an Artist, Cherishing Her (Feb. Stamp of the Month)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Peach
  • Celebrate Today Paper Pack
  • Exclusive Inks: Wisteria, Peach
  • Shimmer Brushes: Mint, Clear
  • Embellishments: Julep Sequins, Wisteria Ribbon
  • Liquid Glass (adhesive for the sequins)
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's your turn to create and share. We love being inspired by your work. Have fun!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

9 comments:

  1. What a soft and lovely pieced together card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you stamped behind the dragonfly and behind sentiment inside the card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and delicate. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty color combination, Michelle! Your dragonfly is the perfect touch. (Who would think adding an insect to a card could be so pretty?) I also like and use the same stamping technique on the inside of my cards. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisteria was really a popular color for all the Design Team. Your card has such soft colors and love dragonflys...just got mine the otherday.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...