Friday, April 24, 2020

Hiking Layout ~ Color Dare #391

This is a fun color challenge from out design team at Color My Heart Color Dare. Using the chart seen below, pick ONE COLOR and use THREE SHADES of that color on your project. Black, White and Neutrals are free to use.

For my layout I used three shades of blue: a light, medium and dark blue along with grey. The photos inspired the use of these colors. My design came from How-to books called Cherish. Although this book has been retired we have many more that are really great and help make scrapbooking and card making easy! Because our cardstock has a two shades per sheet it worked perfectly for this challenge. As you can see I've used both sides of the grey and blue to create contrast.

I used our Cricut - Your Are Here collection for the images. This is a great collection of images with a theme of travel, staycations, etc. This collection....and many more.....are available by clicking on the Cricut link in the upper right of my blog. Using this link gives you access to ALL Cricut products plus ALL Close To My Heart collections both current and retired!!!

 The light blue paper comes from our current special These Are My People. This special includes stamps, papers, digital images you can purchase alone or in bundles! Click here to see all the options.

Just for fun I added some hiking boot die cuts and dotted a line from one to the other like a trail on a map. I also added some of our silver sequins for some eye candy. The twine on the tags was fringed using a piercing tool to pull apart the threads. The journal piece was left blank because my granddaughter will fill in the details when I mail this off to her.









Close To My Heart products used on this layout
  • Cricut: You Are Here ( use link it upper right of this blog)
  • Cardstock: Pewter, Bluebird, White Daisy
  • Special Papers: Mix-in, These Are My People
  • Embellishments: Mink Twine, Silver Sequins
  • Tools: Piercing Tool, Black Marker, Journal Pen, Tombow Liquid Glue
  • How-to Books: Cherish (retired)--Pattern: Visual Texture page 34
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If  you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's your turn to pick a color and create! You can make any paper craft you like. Be sure not to add any extra colors to your project. Remember it's 3 shades of ONE color! Link to our home page by April 2nd.

Have fun!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, new teammate Color My Heart Color Dare
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect combination of colors of blue on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination of all the little elements that add so much to your layout. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrapbook layout, Michelle! The blue tones of paper work perfectly with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout!! I love the tags with the photos and the boot element across the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout - love all the boots!
    Fabulous make for ColorDare!

    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just darling! Thank you for sharing your design with the Color Dare group. I can't wait to see what you create next. 💙☕

    Miss. Carrie
    www.misscarriescreations.com

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...