Friday, May 1, 2020

A Million Little Things Card ~ Color Dare #392 Tic Tac Toe

It's the first of May! Now THAT makes it sound like spring, open windows and flowers! Speaking of flowers, I have a very pretty set to share with this challenge. The card design is based on a Pinterest card by Tae Eun. Let's go!

Our Color My Heart Color Dare challenge for this week is our popular Tic Tac Toe challenge! You pick your color in a row, column or diagonal. Then if you want to use a couple more of the colors you can. Make any paper craft you like using the colors you pick.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but  you can use whatever brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. DO NOT add any new colors to the grid. I used the top the diagonal of Clover, Gold and Lemonade plus Nectarine.

May brings a new catalog which means fun new things to play with in our projects! I picked out this one because I love the delicate look of the flowers in this set. The image was stamped on watercolor paper with Intense Black ink because I decided to use watercolor pencils to color the flowers. After coloring I used a water brush to blend them a bit. I love that look! It's soft and pretty AND very easy to do! On the inside I did the same thing with the yellow on the word friendship.

I cut at an angle through the the cardstock avoiding the flowers and fussy cut around them. It creates a unique look and allows the use of a patterned paper to help showcase the flowers. Before adhering the patterned paper to the card front I did some splatter therapy with a gold shimmer brush. I held the paper over my trash can and tapped the brush against the edge of the can. It adds such a nice detail! Finally, I adhered both pieces to the front of the card and added some Stickles to the flower centers for a bit more sparkle.

The sentiment on the front of the card is from the beautiful May Stamp of the Month called Time to Celebrate. It's only available during the month of May so don't miss out!




Start by picking your colors by row, column or diagonal.
Then if you want to use more from the grid you can!
I used the middle row across and added Clover.




Only available May 1-31



Other Close To My Heart products used for this card
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Watercolor Paper
  • Intense Black Exclusive Inks
  • Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Water Brush, Gold Shimmer Brush
  • Black Diamond Stickles
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's your turn! What colors will you pick to create with? Our design team can't wait to find out! Full details are in the post on our Color My Heart home page.

Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog. I'm also on Pinterest and Facebook, too! Click on the tabs in the header for those links. Don't miss out on any great ideas!

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment and make my day!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmakling #ctmh

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this card! The way you angled the white paper with the flower to the details with the gold splatters and stickles. I was on the fence about this stamp set... you may have just pushed me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. I could use this set all day long!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous image and colouring!
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the angled paper, gives that soft muted look to your flowers to really draw your eye across the card. Love the colouring and that flower is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...