Thursday, April 16, 2020

Pretty in Blue!

I LOVE flowers but I just don't have much of a gardener inside me. BUT, I can make pretty flowers this way instead. The sketch comes from Freshly Made Sketches and I love their challenges. The sketches have a nice simple design and to me that makes the elements really stand out. 

I started with the Love The se People stamp set. It's our April Special and has so many lovely images and papers! Click here for a link to the entire collection. I know you'll find lots of things you can add to your stash but remember it's only until the end of April which is coming up fast!

Her sure to check out all the other specials this month, too! Click the PROMOTIONS tab to see them all!

Based on the sketch I stamped one of the flowers directly onto the white cardstock and two on another piece to be fussy cut. To color the flowers I used two of our ShinHan markers. These markers have three shades of the color all in the same marker making it easy to blend and shade. First I used the lightest color all over the flower. Next was the medium shade where the flower would be a bit darker or in the shade. The darkest shade was used for the shade the petals would cast onto the other petals. After that I used the lightest shade again to color over the entire flower. This last step is important for getting a nice blend of color overall. After I had all the pieces glued to the card front I added some pretty Stickles on the flower centers and around them because you always need at least a little sparkle!



Freshly Made Sketches #431

Love These People stamp set


These Are My People Paper Pack

Say It in Style stamp set
Other Close To My Heart products used on this card
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy 
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Bluebird
  • ShinHan Markers: True Blue, Light Green
  • Stickles: Waterfall
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

I hope you enjoyed your visit. Be sure to follow my blog or click the tab at the top for following me on Facebook or Pinterest. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #freshlymadesketches

4 comments:

  1. Flowers and gingham is always a good combination! I love the pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love your combination of patterns- well done! Beautiful florals as well. So glad you could join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...