Friday, April 17, 2020

Cute Bird Card ~ Color Dare #390

The Color My Heart Color Dare design team has some really pretty colors for this challenge. The challenge is to pick at least 3 colors from the grid shown below. Black, White and Neutrals (browns and greys) are ok to use, too. What you can't do is add more colors to the grid.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. "Close enough" doesn't count.

Make any paper craft you like then use the link on our home page to join the challenge. Full details are in the post on our home page.

I was excited to put these colors to work; Peacock, Fern, Sangria and Glacier. I paired the colors with the Operation Smile stamp set called You Make Me Happy. It's an adorable stamp set that has a special perk. When you purchase this set Close To My Heart donates $7 to Operation Smile. This is a non-profit organization that provides surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates for children around the world.

The background was made using a stencil and sponge dauber. I cut the stencil with my Cricut Joy and an image from our Artiste collection. I used our Stitched Brackets to cut the image and mat giving a bit of flair to them. The ribbon is a nice finishing touch and the darker parts of the bird were painted with a Clear Shimmer Brush for some sparkle. Oh, the bird and leaves were colored with an ink pad and water brush.


You Make Me Happy stamp set





Close To My Heart products used for this card
  • Stamp Set: You Make Me Happy
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Sangria, Peacock
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Sangria, Peacock, Glacier, Fern
  • Cricut: Artiste
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Brackets
  • Embellishments: Sangria Ribbon
  • Tools: Water Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Sponge Dauber, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

So which colors from the grid inspire YOU to create with? We can't wait to see!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

7 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love the stencil with those dots! I also love the layered bracketed frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitched frame for your cute little birdie and how you partially stenciled in the background...very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stencil created background. That stamp set is adorable. I love it. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...