Friday, July 3, 2020

Summer Vibes ~ Color Dare #401

July is summertime and what doesn't feel like summertime than hot weather and watermelon! The Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare is challenging you to use colors from our Inspirational Board seen below. Make sure your colors are seen somewhere on the board. Use of black and white are free but don't add any colors not seen in the board. Make any paper craft you like and link it to our home page to enter the challenge!

I love the summery look of this card! It looks like a picnic table with plates of watermelon ready to be gobbled up! Juice dripping, sweet and refreshing! Ok, now that we're all hungry for some watermelon let's talk about the card. LOL

I love the Summer Vibes Cardmaking Workshop! The images are fun and they have a coordinating Thin Cut to make using them very easy! The Summer Vibes papers for this workshop are fun and cute but I just needed to use this red paper from the full set! I paired it with Clover cardstock to keep it with the colors of watermelon. It's hard to tell in the photo but the watermelon seeds are painted with black shimmer for some sparkly fun. I added Black Dots to keep the theme going and act like seeds.






Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Summer Vibes Paper Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Clover
  • Exclusive Inks: black, Candy Apple
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Circles, Stitched Rectangles, Circles
  • TriBlend Markers: Dark Red, Light Green
  • Embellishments: Red Shimmer Trim, Black & White Dots, Black Shimmer Brush
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape (for the middle watermelon)
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog. You can also follow me on Pinterest or Facebook. This way you'll keep up with all the great ideas I share!

What colors are YOU inspired to use from our Inspirational Board? I can't wait to find out!

This card is also being shared at Double Trouble - Challenge #60 and Heart 2 Heart Challenge. Check it out!

Leaving a comment makes my day! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #ctmh

12 comments:

  1. What a great summer card! Love me some watermelon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle ~ I love this card!! I may totally have to lift this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer card, I love the checked background and the bright shades of green you used with it. Thank you for joining us Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the contrast with the green and red and match with the watermelon pieces...favorite part of a picnic. Thanks, Michelle, for sharing this with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy looking card! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this...the watermelon with that gingham plaid....awesome. Screams picnic to me! Love what you did with it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...