Wednesday, July 1, 2020

For My Beautiful Friend ~ July SOTM Blog Hop

Since it's the first of the month it's time for our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! Each month we feature artwork starring images from the current Stamp of the Month. This month we have a fantastic stamp set called For My Beautiful Friend.

Our blog hop is one big circle so you can hop on and off at your pleasure but I think you're going to want to stay on for the entire ride! Our consultants are very talented and have fantastic and creative ideas! The blog before mine belongs to Brandi Robinson. Click the link in each post to hop to the next blog. It's that easy!


For my card I wanted to showcase some of the smaller images in the set. Sometimes those images get kind of lost among the larger images but they deserve to shine all on their own! I love the small floral border and used it to flank the sentiment. I stamped the border in the middle of my strip and then filled it in on the ends to complete the look. The butterfly and flowers were colored with our TriBlend Markers.  The leaves were colored with a Shimmer Brush. The color on top of the sentiment is an image in the stamp set!

NOTE: A Stamp of the Month is only available in the month it's featured. So For My Beautiful Friend is only available from July 1-31, 2020. You can get the set for only $5 with a qualifying order! Click here for all the details.

For the background I used a pattern from our Brushed pack. This is a Special for July and is a beautiful collection of colors and patterns available in bundles or individually. I also accented with a narrow strip of Glitter Paper.


The butterfly is painted with a shimmer brush and on the flowers I gave them a glittery center using Stickles. Tip: when I added the butterfly I put adhesive on one wing and a piece of foam tape on the other wind. I bent the butterfly a bit in the middle and put it on the card. This gives a little 3D effect and looks so cute!






Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Stamp Set: For My Beautiful Friend (available July 1-31, 2020)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Brushed
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Julep
  • Specialty Paper: Julep Glitter 
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Canary, Pixie
  • TriBlend Markers: Light Yellow, Bright Pink
  • Embellishments: Acrylic Hearts, Silver Stickles, Shimmer Brushes--Clear, Julep
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go to the next blog be sure to sign up to follow me by blog, Facebook or Pinterest. You don't want to miss any great ideas!

Now it's time to see what Darlys Recker has created to inspire us. I know you're going to love it!

Click here for a list of participating consultants.

Thanks for hopping by!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #stampofthemonthbloghop #cardmaking

25 comments:

  1. Love the diagonal design. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I love the pink and yellow togetehr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty with the Brushed paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you used a diagonal pattern, great design concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the diagonal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! I like the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - especially like the diagonal piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of that flower vine image! I haven't used it yet but need to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These flowers are perfect! Remind me of walking down the garden isles and I'm always attracted to the tiny BRIGHT ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love how you used the border-like stamp and how you placed it on an angle.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...