Friday, November 20, 2020

Floral Card ~ Color Dare #421

the Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare has a Pick 3 Colors Challenge for you this week. All you have to do is pick AT LEAST 3 of the colors in the grid to create any paper craft. Black, White and All Metallics are Free but you can't use any other Neutrals.

We reference Close to My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. When you're ready use the link at the end of the post on our blog to join the challenge.

For my card I used a pattern from our Make It from Your Heart how-to book. Starting with a pattern AND the colors makes it very easy to create. 

The colors I chose are Desert Rose, Sage, Mint and Sundance + Black and a metallic Copper Ore. The flowers were stamped and cut with the coordinating Thin cut dies. The hexagon was cut for a background. I just layered the flowers and leaves on the hexagon after spattering some Mint Shimmer on the white background. I used some Cool Mint Stickles on the flower center but it doesn't show well against the darker ink colors are being Mint.










Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper: X9019 Mix-in 
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Desert Rose, Sage
  • Specialty Paper: Copper Ore
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Desert Rose, Sundance, Sage
  • Make It from Your Heart Book: Vol. 4, Pat 4
  • Cool Mint Stickles, Mint Shimmer Brush, Clear Sparkles
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help. 
If you'd like to BE A Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

We have a new program especially for our customers! It's the VIP Customer Program and it's awesome! For starters you can earn 15% of every order! Click here to read more about the program and sign up!

Before you go.... if you like what you see on my blog be sure to sign up to follow me so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the right column.

Now it's your turn to create and share. Use the link on our home page to join the challenge!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #cardmaking

5 comments:

  1. We had the same stamp set in mind for this challenge! Love the cluster of flowers and the splatter in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagon copper ore really makes everything stand out! love, love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hexagon as it really draws the eye!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...