Monday, March 1, 2021

March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

 Welcome to our March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We're a group of Close To My Heart Makers showing you a variety of ways to use our current Stamp of the Month. This month we have an ah-mazing stamp set for you! The details will have you oohing and ahhing. So sit back, relax and get ready for some really fantastic projects created by our talented group of Makers! The blog before mine belongs to Maureen O'Sullivan. Click the link in each post to hop to the next blog.

On my card I used a technique featured by Melissa Mills Johnson. I was so impressed I couldn't wait to give it a try. To top it off.....it's easy!!! Thank you SO much, Melissa, for sharing this fun and dramatic technique!






To create the background you need some Vellum, alcohol and a brush and some alcohol markers. I cut the Vellum to size and got busy. Now you just scribble all over the Vellum with the markers. You'll get the best results with at least 2 or more colors. I've used three.


Using the brush dab alcohol on the Vellum. The alcohol will make the marker colors bleed into each other. Do not "brush" on the alcohol as that will make the colors mix too much and be less impressive. 

As you can see in the video, as you keep applying the alcohol the Vellum will curl. As the alcohol dries the Vellum uncurls and lays flat. The alcohol will dry quickly but b patient for the inkier areas to dry. 


I glued the Vellum, marker side down, to a piece of white cardstock so the colors would really stand out. You can see the difference in this photo.

After I had my layers all glued together I stamped the dragonfly to the Vellum with Intense Black Ink. Now is the time to be very patient while the ink drys on the Vellum. Once dry I added some Iridescent Flower Confetti around the stamped image. Some of the confetti looks orange but that is just the way it's reflecting light for the photo. It really takes on the colors surrounding it.




Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Peacock 
  • Specialty Paper: Vellum
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Peacock 
  • TriBlend Markers: Magenta Blend, Blue Turquoise Shades, Lavender Blends
  • Iridescent Flower Confetti
  • Tombow Liquid Glue
Other products used:
  • 91% alcohol
  • paint brush
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team.

Would you love to get a discount on every order? Would you love a FREE Stamp of the Month? Would you love exclusive online events and product bundles? You can have all of that and more by joining our VIP Customer Program

Before you go..... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the right column.

Now it's time to hop to see what creative ideas Cat Nowak is sharing with us. Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #stampofthemonthbloghop #cardmaking

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love this background! It looks GREAT! What a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try this technique as it is so beautiful. Thank you for teaching us how to do it and sharing these amazing cards with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I need to try this technqiue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for sharing the video on using alcohol to blend the marker colors--can't wait to try it!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my list of techniques to play with! Love this design, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome technique! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those backgrounds - they are so fun to create! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful, and I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the backgrounds turned out! Super cool1

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! Thanks for the video showing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look with these stamps! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...