Friday, April 30, 2021

Layered Background Card ~ Color Dare #442

 Yes it's Friday!!! That means our Design Team has a new color challenge for you! This week you pick at least 3 colors from the grid. You can pick more but you must use at least 3 of the colors. We also have some free color options for you to use. 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready use the link in the post on our home page to join the challenge.

With the "use at least 3 colors" feature of this challenge this set of Thin Cut dies is a perfect match! I decided I wanted to use Sangria ribbon so that was the first color I chose. Since I am drawn to cool tone colors it was easy to add the Sapphire and Wisteria to the mix.

After cutting the layers with the dies I glued them together with some Tombow Liquid glue. I wanted to wrap the ribbon around the layers but didn't want it to show in any of the cutouts. I added a white layer to the back and wrapped around that getting the same look as if it were the actual card base itself. 

After I wrapped the ribbon to the back I took a shorter piece and tied it around the wrapped part of the ribbon making a knot. This is a lot easier than trying to do it with one length of ribbon. I also used a Glue Dot behind the knot to keep it in place.


Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge 

Close -up view. I used the Pearls to doodle around the sentiment layer. It adds  some texture and draws your eye too the sentiment. The inside of the card was left blank so I could add a custom message when it's used.
Layered Floral Background Thin Cut Dies

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: Sangria, Sapphire, Wisteria, White Daisy
  • Thin Cut Die: Thanks
  • Embellishments: Sangria Ribbon, Lavender Lace Pearls
  • Tools: Tombow Liquid Glue, Glue Dots
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 
DURING APRIL WHEN YOU REFER A FRIEND TO BECOME A VIP CUSTOMER YOU WILL BOTH GET AN EXTRA $10 IN CTMH CREDIT!

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking  #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart

7 comments:

  1. I love the layered thin cut colours you chose for this colour dare challenge and how you used the liquid pearls to embellish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours together and love the deep colour of the ribbon. Clever use of the pearl drop liquid. I will have to try this and see if I can do it so neatly! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you chose these layered thin cuts for this challenge. I also like how you added the ribbon and liquid pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doodling around your sentiment, the die background is so pretty and all you need is the right combination of colors... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see this die-cut I drool. The colors are perfect; they bring you into the design. Simple to do but the visual effect is amazing!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...