June 15th means it's time for our June Technique Hop! Each month we feature a technique to inspire you in your crafting. This month we're showing you the Sunburst Technique. You can do it in a couple of different ways; with our new Sunburst Background Thin Cut Die or without a die. Either way it creates a stunning look to any project!
The hop is one big circle. The blog before mine belongs to Cat Nowak. Click the link in each post to hop to the next blog. You're going to love all the ideas you collect along the way!
For my cards I used our Sunburst Background Thin Cut Die. Not only is it easy to use you can also get enough for several cards if you're using more than one color. I have a total of FOUR cards to share with you today and you really want to stay to the end!
I had this idea in mind for a while and it felt good to finally do it. I envisioned a black and gold card with this technique. It's a striking combination of colors don't you think? My first card uses a combo of Gold Foil, Black Glitter Paper and Black Ore Paper. The Ore paper has a subtle sheen to it and is so pretty.
I used the die to cut all three papers, glued the frames to card fronts then started placing the different pieces into the sections. Once that was finished I needed to decide how I wanted to add some element to draw your eye in to the sunburst.
For this card I decided to use a large butterfly cut from a die. I used two layers with the base the Black Glitter paper and the top being Gold Foil.
|Sunburst Background Thin Cut Die|
|Every Bit of Wonderful|
Operation Smile Stamp Set
Available through August 31st.
- White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
- Specialty Papers: Black Ore, Black Glitter, Gold Foil, Blue Belle Glitter
- Thin Cut Dies: Layered Butterflies
- Embossing: Gold Powder, VersaMark Pad Heat Tool
- Marker: Rare Minerales Metallic
- Embellishments: Gold Sequins, Blue Belle Sequins, You Are Enough Butterflies, Blue Belle Pearls
- Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Tombow Liquid Glue, Mini Blending Tool
- Stamp Set: Floral Borders and Sentiments, Cherry Blossoms
- TriBlend Markers: (all blends) Light Yellow, Alpine Green, Light Green, Green Turquoise, True Blue, Magenta, Pink Violet
- Distress Oxide Inks: Mowed Lawn, Chipped Sapphire
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!
Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events.
Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.
Next up in our hop is Haley Dyer. Have fun along the way!
#showandtellwithmichelle #techniquehop #thincutdies #cardmaking