Monday, August 9, 2021

Tutti Frutti Summer Layout ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

For the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge starting Wednesday I'm sharing this layout. The sketch reminded me of the 3-2-1 Method of creating a layout so I was off and running!

When using our sketch you can make any paper craft you like. You can also flip, turn, rotate, etc. We just need to be able to see the sketch in your work!

The 3-2-1  Method uses three sizes of  paper strips to create a background. The largest on my layout is 5" x 11" (the 3). The next strip is 3.5" x 11" (the 2). Finally, the smallest is 2.25" x 11" (the 1). To do this the easy way you can use 3"-2"-1" and repeat the strips to fill your space. Or you can use multiples of those measurements. The idea is to have three different sizes. 

I used the July/August Mix-in Paper for this layout. It's designed to go with any of our other current paper packs. It also stands on it's own very well!

The sentiment comes from our August Stamp of the Month: Tutti Frutti Summer stamp set. I actually cut the "Fun in the Sun" stamp to get just the word Fun. If I want to use it as intended I can just put them next to each other on the block. 

I had a piece of the black die cut cardstock on my desk and decided it would be perfect for the layout. I layered it on more of the blue cardstock and added the pink scallop circle. The embellishments of gold thread and pink Pearls add a lot to the look. At the last I also added a strip of scalloped glitter paper cut on my Cricut for the left side of the layout. 




Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge



Tutti Frutti Summer

As a Stamp of the Month it's only available the month it's featured. You can buy it at full price or get it at the discounted price of only $5 with a qualifying order! AND.... as a VIP Customer you can get it FREE with a qualifying order! Lots of options here. 

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Sapphire, Black
  • Exclusive Inks: Black
  • TriBlend Markers: Magenta Blend, Jade Green blend, 
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Lattice Background, Stitched Scalloped Circle
  • Specialty Paper: Ballerina Glitter
  • Embellishments: Ballerina Pearls, Gold Thread
  • Thin 3D foam Tape
  • Cricut
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

What will YOU make using our sketch?  


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #atlanticheartssketchshallenge #layouts

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun take on the sketch! Love your use of the SOTM!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...