Monday, September 27, 2021

Santa Card

 Today I want to share a really easy and simple card for Christmas, although you could use the design for any occasion just by changing the image.

Using one of the dies from the Thin Cut set seen below I cut the fancy edged rectangle to stamp my image on. I colored with markers an added some shimmer to the fur on his hat.

I mounted this on glitter paper using foam tape. You need something stronger than a tape runner for it to stick to the texture of the glitter paper.


I used a scoring tool to dry emboss lines 1/4" from the edges of the card front I placed the card face down on my paper trimmer so the line would be raised on the front. Next I gently ran the scoring tool down the track of the paper trimmer being careful not to press too hard and tear the cardstock. This gives a bit of texture and adds to the simple look. 


Inside of card.



Z4104 Square Windows Slimline Thin Cuts

M1301 Santa

M1298 Merry Christmas Flourish

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack (this is a GREAT deal)
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Specialty Cardstock: Red Glitter
  • TriBlend Markers: Dark Red, Fair Skin, Ice Grey
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Candy Apple
  • Embellishments: Stickles: Christmas Red, Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Scoring Tool

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #thincuts

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...