Friday, January 14, 2022

Floral Card ~ Color Dare #479

Are you itching for a reason to get into the craft room? Give our Color Dare Challenge a try! We start you out by giving you a color palette to use. You can make any paper craft you like then use the link in our post on our home page to join the challenge!

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. 

I made this pretty card using these colors from our grid: Shortbread, Sundance, Scarlet and Evergreen. I also used Gold. 

I stamped the image in Intense Black ink so it would not bleed when I used a water brush after coloring with pencils. I love how the water brush blends the pencil and softens it.

The edges of the stamped layer were distressed with a scissors and layered with cardstock and a pattern paper. It was a very simple card to make!






Z4403 Sweet as Honey - Cardmaking + Thin Cuts

X7276B Sweet as Honey Paper Pack

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack (this is a great deal)
  • Cardstock: Shortbread, Scarlet, Sundance
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Embellishments: Gold Shimmer Trim, 
  • Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Water Brush, Scissors
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's up to YOU! Pick your colors and get started on your project. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

6 comments:

  1. What a cheerful card to make someone's day! Nice job with the watercolor pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and I like the softness with the watercolour pencils vs using markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Michelle. And yes I’m itching to be in the craft room but I only get one day a week now…how will I ever cope???!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the pop of red behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty, Michelle! Your recipient will love receiving this card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...