Friday, February 4, 2022

You're a Classic Card ~ Color Dare #482

 I was inspired to make this card after seeing one made by Dana Terry but changed the color theme to fit this challenge. What a fun way to make a more masculine type card!

Starting with the background I used a retired embossing folder called Kaleidoscope with our Dreamy Holographic paper. I love how when you move the card a bit the colors shift from pinks to lavender to blue. 

The car was colored with our TriBlend Markers: True Blue, Ice Grey and Green Turquoise. This reminds me of a car we had when I was a little kid. The layers behind the card were made using our Stitched Fancy  Brackets Thin Cut Dies. It gives a nice detail to those layers. The car is popped up a bit with Thin 3D Foam Tape. I used Intense Black ink since I was using markers and didn't want the ink to bleed.

One more little detail is to use some Tombow Liquid Glue on the headlights. It gives a small 3D effect and  glassy look. It's hard to see in the close-up but it's there. The black layers are Black Ore paper which has a sheen to it. 






C1928 You're a Classic Stamp Set

Z3686 Stitched Fancy Brackets Dies

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to pick your colors and create something to share. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

4 comments:

  1. This is superb Michelle. I love the effect you get from the holographic paper. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that holographic paper with the embossing folder! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the holographic paper with the image...adds to the classic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great use of the holographic paper with the classic car, its metallic looking but also includes the colours of the challenge... clever!!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...