Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Butterfly card and Gift Box

 I needed a couple of gifts for dear friends that are retiring and only had a short time to come up with an idea. I decided to give them each a box of my handmade cards and made a pretty box to put them in! I love how it turned out and hope they do, too.

The card was made to go with the colors of the box. I stamped the image in Intense Black Exclusive Inks. I knew I'd be using a water brush and needed a colorfast ink. I colored with Watercolor Pencils and blended with a Water Brush.  

The ink behind the sentiment is 2nd generation Wild Berry. To do this you ink your stamp, stamp it on scrap paper then stamp on your project. 

The butter fly is the smaller one from the Thin Cut dies. Both butterflies have their top layer cut from Vellum. The other layers are from the Wild Berry Blast Paper Packet and Wild Berry Blast Coordinating Cardstock. 

Other products used are a card from our White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack, Cardstock in White Daisy, Black and Wild Berry.



Here you can see a close-up of the butterfly which it popped up a bit on Thin Foam Tape.  The Black Stickles have been added to the butterfly and the flower centers.


For the gift box I used Black Cardstock with Wild Berry details because I love how bold and pretty this combo it. The box's outer dimensions are 4 1/2" x 6" x 1 1/2". To make the box I used a piece of cardstock measuring 7 1/2" x 9". I scored all four sides at 1 1/2". You end up with a scored square in each corner. Cut on ONE score line from the edge to the score line going across. Fold up the sides using the score lines. Fold in the tab formed by the cut. I used some tape adhesive and glue to adhere it. This gave me immediate stick with the tape adhesive with a permanent stick once the glue dried. Now you have the bottom of the box. Do the same to create the top of the box. This box holds 10 cards.

For the belly band I cut a 2" x 12" piece of cardstock. I was a tiny bit short so I cut an insert to finish the length. I placed the butterfly on top of that section and no one knows it's eve there!

The butterfly was cut with dies and then glued together. I added some Stickles to the body to help cover the glue.




In Full Bloom Stamp Set + Thin Cut Dies
Brush Strokes Stamp Set

Layered Butterflies Thin Cut Dies


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to pick your colors and create something to share. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...