Friday, June 3, 2022

Postage Frames Roses ~ Color Dare #499

 Here we go on another Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge! From the color grid below you need to chose at least 3 of the colors. Black, White, Gold and Silver are Free. Do not add any extra colors to your project that aren't in the grid. 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join the challenge use the link in the post on our home page.

I couldn't wait to use the new Postage Frame Thin Cut Dies and make that the deciding factor of what my card would look like. My colors are Grape, Mint and Capri. I love that color combo!

Using a card from our White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack I was ready to cut my other Cardstock layers. I used my same 3 colors (Capri, grape, Mint) for the layers with the stamping going on White Daisy Cardstock in Intense Black Exclusive Ink.

To color the image I used Watercolor Pencils for the flowers. After using the pencils I painted over the flowers with a Water Brush to blend. There wasn't a green watercolor pencil that looked like Mint so I used my Mint ink pad. I squeezed the pad with the cover on to get some ink on the inside lid. Then using a Water Brush I painted the leaves and stems. 

Once all those steps were done I got my craft knife out and cut around the edge of the large flower. I didn't cut the bottom inch or so of the flower. I added some Thin Foam Tape to the back of the large flower and regular adhesive around the edges of the rest of this piece. 

Once all the layers were glues to the card front I painted all the flowers with Clear Shimmer Brush so they had some sparkle. I also added dots of Sage (because it looks like Mint) Liquid Pearls around the image.

For the inside of the card I stamped a fun sentiment in Grape ink. Then with the long image from the Brush Stroke set I stamped Capri ink in 2nd generation twice over the sentiment and once in 1st generation Mint ink.



Her is a close-up of the popped up flower. The second close-up shows the shimmer I painted on the flowers.


           

                   C1940 Academia Rose                                           Z4437 Postage Frames Thin Cut Dies



Inside of card.                                                                                        B1799 Brush Strokes


                                    

D2095 Irish Blessings Stamp Set


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to pick your colors and create something to share. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart


12 comments:

  1. Oooh... this is so pretty! I really like the mix of purple and blue in the flowers. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful and love the combination of colors and perfect frames and background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love how you colored the flowers and paired it with the postage stamp thin cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michelle. I especially like the postage stamp edge too. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple/blue flowers & how one is popped up. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the postage frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful. love the stamp design border.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...