Friday, July 29, 2022

Color Dare # 507

 Hello and welcome to the latest color challenge from our Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare. This week we have a simple challenge for you. Use Candy Apple, Lemonade and Papaya together with Black, White and Gold being free colors to use. 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper project you like. When you're ready to join our challenge use the link in the post on our home page.

For my project I decided to use the one image I hadn't used yet from our Stamp of the Month: Voices of the Sea. This stamp set will ONLY be available until July 31st so don't delay! You really do want this stamp set in your collection!

The crab image seemed like a perfect choice for the Candy Apple and Papaya colors. I worked in the Lemonade by using it on the seashell. 

To color the images I first stamped in Exclusive Ink Intense Black. This ink will keep from bleeding when adding "wet" color using markers, watercolors, water brushes, etc. I chose to go with a Water Brush and ink from the inside lid of the stamp pad. I painted a layer of Papaya on the crab then accented with Candy Apple. Once everything was painted and ready for the card front, I layers with Cardstock in the colors of the challenge. I also added Gold Glitter Gems and a wash of Gold Shimmer Brush as accents.


Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge



Close-up of Gold Shimmer


S2207 Voices of the Sea
July Stamp of the Month
Only available through July 31st!

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart


11 comments:

  1. Sweet card design. Love all the sparkle & shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I like the crab 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the subtle shades of colours that you used - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle ~ I love that you were able to use the SOTM for this challenge. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. The crab seemed perfect for the colors.

      Delete
  5. Love this stamp set and the Triple Play challenge is perfect for this image... fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great crab stamp! Lovely composition. X

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...