Friday, July 15, 2022

Sailboat Card ~ Color Dare #505 Tic Tac Toe

Hey! It's Tic Tac Toe time over at Color My Heart Color Dare! Pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. Then if you want to use some (or all) of the other colors you can! What you can't do is add any colors that aren't in the grid. So be careful if you're doing more than one challenge!

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. When you're ready, use the link in the post on our home page to join the challenge.

For my project I used the top row of colors (Candy Apple, Capri, Mocha) + Gold & Bluebird.  I love the water pattern paper in the Beach Party Pack (link below) and knew it would be a good match for this theme.

I stamped and used the Thin Cut die on the sailboat. Next, after stamping the waves, I used a craft knife to cut some of the waves. This allowed me to slip the boat "into" the water for a more realistic look. I added some Thin Foam Tape to the back of the boat at the top and middle to raise it up and create some dimension.

The edges of the White Daisy cardstock was rubbed against the Bluebird Exclusive Ink pad to create a "frame" and make it more defined from the Gold  Foil layer


Color My Heart Color Dare


Here you can see the shadow created from popping up the sails of the boat. I also added some Clear Shimmer Brush to the sails and clouds for a bit of sparkle.

Inside of card




Z8024 Ahoy There

X7282B Beach Party 









If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #colormyheartcolordare


11 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...