Monday, August 15, 2022

July-Aug-Sept Catalog: NEW Product

Since we have a new July-Aug-Sept Catalog that just went live it's time to share some artwork showing off new products! 

As soon as I saw this new stamp set I knew it was a must have! Writing in the Sand (link is below) is beautiful and gives you a relaxed feeling just looking at it! Although it might look tricky to get the color shading on the stamp, it's actually quite easy!

You can see sponge wedges in the photo. I took one of our Round Sponges and cut it into 8 wedges. That way you get a size easy to work with and make your sponge go farther.

Using the wedges I dabbed ink onto the stamp. The Exclusive Inks colors I used are Toffee, Shortbread, Glacier, Lagoon and Bluebird. The way the stamp is designed it pretty much shows you where to place the colors by looking at the pattern of the water and beach. So dab on your ink then simply stamp onto White Daisy Cardstock

I wanted to keep the look clean with a lot of white. But I did ink the edges of the second white layer by rubbing the edge on the Lagoon ink pad. This gives some definition to the look. The water layer is popped up on Thin Foam Tape, too. A couple of Gold Glitter Gems was the finishing touch.




Here you can see some of the Clear Shimmer Brush I added to the waves. It's hard to photo so look closely. It really adds a nice touch, don't you think?


This is a look at the inked stamp before stamping it onto cardstock. You can see how soft the colors are since they are applied with a sponge.


I hope you like my card made with Writing in the Sand. Be sure to check out the other great ideas in the Artwork Showcase Album. More artwork will be added all the time so check often!
D2102 Writing in the Sand

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking  #artworkshowcase

4 comments:

  1. Love it... beautiful seaside and beach. I got that stamp and anxious to use it. Thanks for sharing the relaxing scene with us here at Double Trouble and don't forget to enter it at The Crafter's Cafe our partner for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Michelle! How I miss living near the ocean... Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #118.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, that stamp is gorgeous, and your sponging of it is so beautiful! I like the look you created by sponging the edges of the white panel panel a lot!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "relaxation" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This set looks absolutely incredible! I love your card and the perfect beachy colors you made it with. And the beach is definitely the perfect way to relax! Thanks for entering this in our gallery at Double Trouble:)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...