Friday, August 19, 2022

Framed Scene ~ Color Dare #510


Our popular Tic Tac Toe color challenge is up this week! Pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. Then if you want to use any of the other colors in the grid that's fine. Black, White and Neutrals are Free to use. What you can't do is use colors not seen in the grid.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Did I mention you can't use colors not in the grid? Please be sure if you're combining challenges you are following the rules of each challenge.

When you're ready to join the challenge just click on the link in the post on our home page.

I'm using one of the new stamp sets in our July-Sept. catalog. I love the calmness of this scene. I started with the middle column of colors (Sage, Pine, Shortbread) and added Gold and Sapphire. 

Using a card base from our White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack (this is a great deal!) I got started building my design. I used White Daisy Cardstock and stamped the scene in Pine Exclusive Inks. I added color with a Water Brush using Sage, Shortbread, Pine and Sapphire ink. 

The Gold Glitter Paper adds a nice touch to the layers, and Die Cut flowers. The pattern paper is from our Backyard Bliss Paper Packet. Foam Tape was used to adhere the white layer to the Gold Glitter paper for a good stick.




Color My Heart Color Dare

X7283B Backyard Bliss 
Paper Packet


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #colorchallenge


12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Michelle. I like your addition of Sapphire to your TTT colours, it lifts the colours nicely…I should have done something like that! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scene stamp you watercolored is really pretty and like the frame you used for it along with the silver glitter frame around it. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that image of the meadows and it looks so pretty in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Looks relaxing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of a recent road trip & seeing all the orchards & vineyards. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so like a painting, very arty. The gold shimmer really frames it and adds that special touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...