Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Sunflower Card

 Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing a card I made for the Double Trouble Challenge: Color Theory. For this challenge I had to use the colors orange, yellow and green as the primary colors being the most prominent in the design. I added a touch of brown and gold to my card. 

I love this sunflower stamp set and knew it would be perfect for this challenge! I decided to stamped it off the edge of the cardstock for a more unique look. The coloring was done with our TriBlend Markers. You can see the colors I used in the photo below. I used combinations of all 3 shades of each color. That's the great thing about these markers! You have 3 shades of each color in one marker! It makes for an easy way to blend your colors.

I added some Shimmer Brush in Gold on the center of the flower and touches of Gold in the Shimmer Trim and dots made with our new Gold Metallic Marker. Fast and simple with a CAS look.

the card base is from our White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack. This is a must have item and a great deal! Cardstock colors are White Daisy, Lemonade and Nectarine. Exclusive Ink is Intense Black. 

Double Trouble Challenge

Also entered at Inspiration Station: Photo Inspiration #41



The yellow looking part of the center is actually the Gold shimmer. It's hard to get that to photo well. 


I like to add a bit to the inside of the card too. I kept the dots going and sprinkled them around the sentiment.


C1947 Sunflower Thoughts

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#ctmh #showandtellwithmichelle  #cardmaking #DoubleTroubleChallenge


7 comments:

  1. What nice coloring, and I love those gold dots, thought they were from foiling but read that was from a marker! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Michelle! Love those gold dots. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the sunflower coloring and the gold glitter and marker dots... sooooo pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and don't forget to enter at our partner at Inspiration Station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sunflowers, especially in my Summer and Fall decor, this is a beautiful image and lovely coloring. Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...