Friday, September 22, 2023

Peaceful Card ~ Color Dare #567

 Don't you love it when a plan comes together! This card is an example of just that. 

First, for our Color Dare Challenge you need to use at least 3 of the colors in the graphic. We reference Close to My Heart Colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge just click here!

Ok, back to that plan that came together! I started with a pattern from our NEW Make It from Your Heart How-to Book. You get detailed patterns and cutting guides for layouts and cards! This makes crafting SO easy! By the way, the colors I used from the graphic are Harbour, Mist, Toffee and Mocha with a Grey Neutral. The Mocha was used for some shading on the rocks so it's a bit hard to see. 

I wasn't sure where I was going to go with this stamp set, but I LOVE it! So I stamped and colored the image. As I was coloring I thought about tearing the edges for a rustic look. This also gave me a better fit on the card front with the pattern I used. I added some sparkle on the water with a Shimmer brush. What a nice look that creates!

Close To My Heart products used on this card:


The angle on this photo show off the shimmer a bit better. I just kind of scribbled my way down the stream.


I love a sassy sentiment inside when the card front doesn't hint at it.



C1944 The Good Life - Cardmaking

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 


Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking

8 comments:

  1. ohh Michelle, I want to visit this creek. AWESOME coloring my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stamp set and you did a great job on the colors and shade blending... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Your coloring really brings it to life. Love the torn edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous card. I just love this! A pretty image and you've colored it so beautifully. Love the sparkly/shimmery water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this - what a peaceful and serene setting! Gorgeous work, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used this stream with the torn edges. It is perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Color Dare #599

Can you believe it's May already? Time just seems to keep going faster all  the time! Let's enjoy and create as much as we can as it...