Saturday, September 30, 2023

The Good Life - Cardmaking Card

 Welcome to a new post about card making! This one shows you how to get two very different looks with the same stamps and design! Let's take a look.

Here is a look at the two cards together. You can create a stream or a dirt path just by how you color the image! Talk about a versatile stamp set! I'm also working on a snowy winter look with this set so be on the lookout for that.


Let's start with  the stream card. Stamped in Intense Black ink (so it doesn't bleed) I colored parts in markers and parts with colored pencils. I also inked the edge of the white layer by rubbing the cardstock on the ink pad. It gives a nice crisp edge that sets it apart from the background. I did the same for the edges on the sentiment.

Let's talk about the background! Using the light side of Mink cardstock I stamped an image from the Design Elements stamp set. I love the rustic look this created to go with the main image. This is a stamp set that should be in every stampers stash! Oh what you can do with these images!


Now on to the dirt path card. By changing the colors from blues to browns you get a path instead of a stream! Again, markers and colored pencils were used. The strips behind the image on both cards comes from The Good Life paper pack. Thin Foam Tape was used to pop up both white layers.


Close To My Heart products used for these cards:


C1994 The Good Life - Cardmaking

D2196 Design Elements

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking  #coloroftheyear

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Clean & Simple Look ~ Color Dare #601

Hi and welcome to a new color challenge from the Color Dare Team! This week you have one  "must use" color and one color choice fr...