Friday, December 29, 2023

Quick Winter Card ~ Color Dare #581

 Color Dare #581 will ring out 2023 with a pretty selection of colors. You must use at least 3 of the colors shown in the graphic. See the graphic for the fine print rules.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. When you're ready to join our challenge click here to go directly to #581.

I have some winter birthdays coming up so I decided to raid my stash with that idea in mind. I have a retired snowflake embossing folder that was perfect for this card. I wanted a soft look with these colors, so I sponged ink onto the inside of the folder on the side where it was smooth and the snowflakes went "in". I just rubbed the ink on with a sponge in a diagonal manner. This also caught some of the ink on the edges of the snowflakes and helped define them even more. The inks I used were Journey, Rosy and Lagoon. 

When I layered the snowflake piece I used Journey Glitter Paper and Journey cardstock. Next I added a sentiment from the Silver Bells - Cardmaking set and a few of the white Silver Bell Dots. They don't show very well in the photo but are easy to see on the card itself. I also used White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack for the card base and White Daisy cardstock.



Direct link to Color Dare #581

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New VIP Customers get an extra VIP Credit bonus when they sign up during the VIP Extra Credit special! This extra VIP Credit will also be available to VIP Customers who renew during the program window. Sign up or renew for $35 between now and January 31, 2024, and get a bonus of $25 in VIP Credit! Click here for more information on our VIP Program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

12 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to "rub" the ink, Michelle! So pretty. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super pretty soft card - love the ink over the embossed piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the snowflake embossing coloring technique came out so pretty and soft colors... CAS and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your technique for the soft snowflakes. Great idea for a winter birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved this technique, but rarely do it! This came out so soft & pretty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you colored the snowflakes. Great winter birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...