Friday, March 16, 2018

Delicate Flower Card ~ Color Dare 284

With Optional Silver
Open through March 29th

Welcome to the Color My Heart color dare. Each week we challenge you to use our color palette to create a paper craft of your choice. Black and White are free colors so you can use them with the colors above. Don't add any other brand new colors though. Full details are in the post on the Color My Heart home page

The stamp I used is one of our "M" size stamp. It fits on a 2" x 2" acrylic block. This image is also a square image but I used a circle Thin Cut** to create a different look. I used reinkers and a water brush to color the flowers. On the leave I used the Clear Shimmer Brush. A journal pen was used to doodle around the edges.

**Thin Cuts are on sale this month! Get yours for 25-30% off!







All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Stamp Sets: Delicate Flower, Happy Birthday, Mother's Garden
  • Exclusive Inks: Black Archival, Pacifica
  • Reinkers: Pacifica, Glacier
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Packs
  • Tools: Journal Pen, Water Brush, Thin 3D Foam Tape, Thin Cut Circles
  • Embellishments: Clear Shimmer Brush, Silver Shimmer Trim, White Pearls
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's your turn to create and share a paper craft of your choice using the colors mentioned above. We love it when you share your artwork with us!

Have a great day!
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #closetomyheart #cardmaking

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Michelle! Great idea to “reshape” the image with thin cuts! Coloring images with our inks is one of my favorite techniques. I love the doodled edge, the shimmery leaves, and the extra sparkle from the shimmer trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmering leaves really came out good in your photo, nicely watercolored floral...great idea using the refills the colors came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sue. The refills give you a deeper color tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Michelle! I love how you framed those "delicate" flowers. Thanks for reminding us that we can color with reinkers--very clever idea, you crafty lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...