Friday, March 29, 2019

Feels Like Home Card ~ Tic Tac Toe Color Dare #336

Color Dare #336 is based on colors from the Feels Like Home paper pack.
Do you have to have the paper pack to participate in the challenge? No you don't.
We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as it's a close match.

You can make any paper craft you like as long as it uses colors that match those in the grid. Pick your colors from a row, column, diagonal, etc just like the game. You can even pick a row or column and still add a couple of the other colors in the grid.....or use them all!

Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page.

Color Dare #336 is open through Thursday April 11, 2019.


I love how this card turned out! It was fairly easy to make, too. The flower is from the Feels Like Home Watercolor Die-cuts. With this pack you get 2 sheets of die-cuts on 6" x 6" watercolor paper. All you have to do is color as you like...or leave it uncolored! Either way works and make lovely additions to your crafting.

I chose to use Shimmer Brushes to color the flower and a marker for the leaves.  The shimmer just never photos well but its a very pretty and subtle shimmer all over the flower. I cut 1/2" off the right edge of the card front on the right and glued the gold shimmer paper to the inside.

Hint: It's not easy to get cardstock to stick to glitter paper. For this layered look I have a great hint for you. When using the die to cut the oval in glitter paper I placed a smaller oval die in the center. The gold oval actually has an open center and I glued it to my card. I put two pieces of Thin 3D Foam Tape on the center back of the white oval (to make up for the difference in thickness) and placed it over the gold oval. Easy to do and gives great results.





Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Budding Peony (for the sentiments)
  • Paper Pack: Feels Like Home
  • Feels Like Home Watercolor Die-cuts
  • Exclusive Inks: Fern
  • Cardstock: Fern, White Daisy, Sugarplum
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter 
  • Thin Cuts: Basic Ovals, Stitched Ovals
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • ShinHan Markers: Sap Green
  • Shimmer Brushes: Sugarplum, Gold
  • Embellishments: White & Gold Ribbon, Sugarplum Glitter Gems
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's time for you to create and share! Full details are in the post on our home page. We can't wait to see what you create!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #Thincuts

Feels Like Home Watercolor Die-cuts                            Feels Like Home Paper Pack

Thin Cuts - Stitched Ovals                                            Thin Cuts - Basic Ovals





4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love those watercolor die cuts! I really like the way you place the ribbon behind the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Love the gold glitter paper and the watercolour complements. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...