Monday, April 1, 2019

April SOTM Blog Hop ~ Love so Sweet

Welcome to the April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featuring Love so Sweet. This hop is one big circle where you can hop on and off but I bet you're going to want to see the full circle of ideas! The blog before mine is Brenda Lapp. Click the link in each post to go to the next blog. A list of participating consultants can be found here.

My favorite stamps sets are the flower ones so this one appealed to me right away. My colors came from our How-to book called The Love of Color. You'll find each of our colors paired up with coordinating colors making 3, 4 and 5 color palettes. Mine is Lilac, Peach and Sweet Leaf.

Notice the streaks on the flowers? I made that by inking the stamp using a circular motion on the stamp pad. See the close-up photo below. It give a nice texture to the solid image.  I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder on Lilac cardstock. I only wanted the dots and the folder has dots, a band and blank space. The cardstock is longer then the dot area so I did it in two steps. You just have to do one section then realign the cardstock in the folder for the second pass. One more technique is to color embellishments. I used white dots and colored with a ShinHan Lavender marker. The circles were cut out using Thin Cut dies.

Love so Sweet is our Stamp of the Month for April so it will only be available from April 1 - 30. You can get it for a discount with a qualifying order, too!




               


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Love so Sweet (available April 1-30)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Lilac
  • Special Paper: Gold Glitter 
  • Exclusive Inks: Lilac, Peach, Sweet Leaf
  • Thin Cuts: Basic Circles, Stitched Circles
  • Embellishments: Blush Shimmer Ribbon, Black and White Dots
  • Tools: Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, Lavender ShinHan Marker, Thin 3D Foam Tape
  • How-to Book: The Love of Color
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Next up on the hop is Gina Brandstetter so be sure to check out what she has created to share with us. Have fun and enjoy all the ideas you'll see.

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #SOTMbloghop #cardmaking



           







13 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...