Friday, April 5, 2019

Bunny Basket Card ~ Color Dare #337

Color Dare #337 is based on colors from our How-to Book called the Love of Color.Do you have to have the book to participate in the challenge? No you don't because we've already picked the colors for you.We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as it's a close match.

You can make any paper craft you like as long as you use 3 ore more colors from the gird. Black and White are free colors to use as well.

Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page.

Color Dare #337 is open through Thursday April 18, 2019.

Everyone loves a cute bunny, right? Well this little one in a basket is too cute not to share. I colored in the image using a water brush and ink from the lids of stamp pads. It gives a nice watercolor look. The sentiment is stamped between strips of patterned paper. Here's a hint for how I got it lined  up so well.

Hint: I cut strips of paper 1/2" wide by 6" long. I placed the first one on the card at the angle I wanted and glued down. I snipped off the extra and moved to place the next strip. I placed the scrap piece against the strip I glued down and held it in place. I glued down the next strip right up against the scrap piece. Then I removed the scrap piece and trimmed the extra off the second strip. I repeated this until the card front was finished. Next I stamped the sentiment between the strips.





Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Bunny Basket, Egg-Str-Special
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Packs
  • Paper Pack: Feels Like Home
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Sage, Glacier
  • Exclusive Inks: Archival Black, Sugarplum, Sage, Glacier, Pewter
  • How-to Book: Make It from Your Heart Volume 4, pattern 8
  • Water Brush
  • Silver Glitter Gems
  • Specialty Paper: Silver Glitter
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Are you ready to create a paper craft with colors from the grid above? Go ahead and get busy then use the link on our home page to share you creation! We love being inspired by you!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #cardmaking



6 comments:

  1. Love your Easter Card! I love that sweet bunny and how you angled the strips with repeating sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got that cute bunny stamp and don't know where I placed it...adorable card and love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunny in the basket is so adorable - love the angled sentiment strips as well. Great Easter card :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...