Friday, May 3, 2019

Color Dare #341 ~ Birthday Confetti Card

It's May and that means we have a brand new Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog to create with! For my first creation with the new products I decided to make a masculine card and our new Birthday Confetti stamp set. The main image is a two step process so the confetti looks like it's behind and around the Happy Birthday. It's a lot of fun and makes a great look. 

This card uses colors from the Inspiration Photo for this Color Dare. I went with the greens and yellow. I also distressed the edge and then rubbed it across the ink pad to create a defining edge to the white layer. It makes it stand out a bit more that way. It's hard to tell in the close up but I also filled in the letters with a Clear Shimmer Brush. 

We invite you to create any paper craft using colors from this photo. We love being inspired by what you create! Full details are in the post on our Color Dare home page.

        


In the purple version of the same card I used Pansy cardstock and ink. Then I used the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush for inside the letters. You can see the shimmer a bit better in this close up. I used the same inside for the card just changed the color to Pansy. 

    



Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Birthday Confetti
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Lemon / Pansy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Clover, Willow / Pansy
  • Shimmer Brush: Clear / Sugarplum
  • Bitty Sparkles / Sugarplum Glitter Gems
  • Edge Distresser (retired)
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now off  you go! Get busy creating a paper craft to join in the fun! We can't wait to see what you create!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #cardmaking #papercrafting

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool stamp set - love that it integrates the sentiment within the confetti. Showing a second colour scheme is a great idea because we can see how the set really works. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...