Friday, May 31, 2019

Stitched Flowers Card ~ Color Dare #345

Welcome to a new Tic Tac Toe Color Challenge! Our challenge is easy and lots of fun. Pick the colors from the grid in a row, column or diagonal, you can even add a couple more from the grid or use them all!

We reference Close to My Heart colors but you can use any brand you like. Just make sure you match the colors very closely. You can make any paper craft you like! 

For this challenge ONLY Black and White are FREE colors.












I put my new Thin Cuts (dies) to work called Stitches Flowers. I couldn't wait to make this card because I was inspired by a card made by Laura Beacham. Hers was mostly done in white but I needed to use colors from this challenge. I love both versions. 

HINT: I also used my Stitched Rectangle Frames Thin cuts. The largest die is a perfect size for this sized card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). Using this die I got a thin frame for the card and was able to save most of the inside of the rectangle for other projects. Basically, behind the white cardstock there is no gold glitter paper just the card front. This is a great way to save on your supplies!

I also turned up the edges of the leaves and flowers to give a bit of dimension to the card. Thin 3D Foam Tape was used to create layers of different heights.







   
Inside of card                                                                              Side view to show dimension

Stitched Flowers Thin Cuts                                                        Stitched Rectangle Frame Thin Cuts


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Birthday Confetti (for the sentiment)
  • Thin Cut dies: Stitched Flowers, Stitched Rectangle Frames
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Eggplant, Sage, Sugarplum
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter 
  • Exclusive Inks: Eggplant, Sage
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's your turn to join the challenge. Pick your colors from the Tic Tac Toe grid and make any paper craft you like. The link to join the party is on our home page.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back often for more inspiration. 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #colorchallenge

5 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love those flowers and that gold border with the gold touches on the flowers really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we were both thinking along the same lines with the stitched flower thin cuts this week! That's a great collection of dies, for sure. Love that you manipulated the flower edges - makes such a difference in the overall effect, as does the foam tape. Your leaves look so shiny as well. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson. I love your version of the Stitched Flowers, too. Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  3. Stitched flowers are my most favourite new thing from the new CTMH catalogue. Your card is awesome. I love love love the colours and the way you've used them to make your flowers. So Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...