Friday, September 20, 2019

Double Trouble ~ Something Plaid Challenge


I'm in love with our new stamp set called Build-a-Plaid! There are so many ways to use this set and I'm just getting started. When I saw the Double Trouble challenge to use something plaid I knew it was just what I wanted to do!

Once I picked my colors I got busy picking which of the patterns I wanted to use for my plaid.  The colors were stamped one at a time. I lined up the stamp along the etched line in the block then used the edge of the block for help with the spacing as I stamped. Easy peasy!

The sentiment and hat were stamped and colored with Tri-Blend Markers. I used our Thin Cuts to create the frame and put a line of black Stickles along the seam and in dots around the card front.




                

Halloween by Aimee Ferre                                                           Build-a-Plaid

Other Close To My Heart products
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black, Nectarine, Clover
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Tri-Blend Markers: Brown Grey, Purple, Orange, Jade Green
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Rectangles
  • Stickles: Black Diamond
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
 If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Be sure to check out the plaid challenge at Double Trouble! 

My card is being shared at the following blogs:

Don't forget to sign up to follow my blog. The link is in the sidebar. You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest. Click the icon at the end of this post.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #halloween

4 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo you used for that cool plaid. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next purchase has got to be that Build a Plaid...super job you did on your color combination and the design of your plaid...love the bold Boo...love it all. Thanks Michelle for sharing this with us at Double Trouble...and love the bol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to create your own plaid! Love what you did! Thanks for joining us over at the Double Trouble Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely designed, Michelle! I have created plaids with a ruler and Copics but this set allows you to achieve a true woven texture. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...