Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mason Jar Bouquet Card

I just got the Mason Jar Bouquet + Thin Cuts and couldn't wait to play! When I got the May-June catalog it was the first stamp set that really grabbed my attention. I waited very impatiently for it to be available with the coordinating Thin Cuts and it finally happened! I would longingly look at it in the catalog and dream of ideas to create with it. This is one I thought about the most and I'm so pleased with the way it turned out! 

I wanted to make a shaker card so I needed to stamp the jar twice for the "shaker sandwich". After stamping I used the jar Thin Cut die to cut it out and you know what I discovered? The die even cuts the slit at the top for sticking flowers inside the jar!!! Awesome! I also used a die to cut the window for the top jar. Thin Cut dies make crafting SO easy! 

Ok, once I had all that prepped I could assemble the shaker element. I laid the two jar pieces on top of each other and stamped the sentiment so it would be seen through the window. I cut apart a 2" x" Flip Flap to use as the "glass" for the window and taped it to the inside of the window. Next I lined Thin 3D Foam Tape around the window opening making sure there were no spaces for the sequins to leak out of. I put the sequins inside the lined area and took off the tape backing. I placed the solid jar on top and Viola.....a shaker element has been created!


For the flowers I stamped then colored using reinkers and a water brush. I took a stamping block and put drops of reinker on it like a palette. That way I could use it as my paint for the flowers and when I was done I just wiped it clean! I tucked the flowers into the slit of the jar and put used 3D Foam Tape on the black of the flowers and regular adhesive on the back of the jar.



Look at the edges of the pattern paper and you'll see it roughed up with the edge of scissors. After that I rubbed the edge against an ink pad for a touch of color. Since the card base is white this gave the appearance of distinct edge to the paper. The flower centers are Silver Stickles and I also added a few Silver Glitter Gems just for fun!

The inside sentiment comes from the May Stamp of the Month: Time to Celebrate. Because it's a Stamp of the Month it's available for a limited time: May 1-31, 2020. You can even get it for a big discount with a qualifying order! Click here for details.

Z3730 Mason Jar Bouquet + 


S005 Time to Celebrate
May Stamp of the Month
Only available May 1-31 2020


Other Close To My Heart products used on this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: X9015 Mix-in 
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Glacier
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Glacier
  • Re-inkers: Ballerina, Lemonade, Julep
  • Tools: Water Brush, 2" x 2" Flip Flap, My Acrylic Block, Thin 3D Foam Tape
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Brackets
  • Embellishments: Silver Star Sequins, Silver Stickles, Silver Glitter Gems
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

I hope you enjoyed my project. Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any other great ideas. I'm also on Pinterest and Facebook. You can find those links by clicking the tabs at the top of this page. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Color Dare #599

Can you believe it's May already? Time just seems to keep going faster all  the time! Let's enjoy and create as much as we can as it...