Friday, July 24, 2020

You are Fabulous Card ~ Color Dare #404 Tic Tac Toe

It's time for Tic Tac Toe at Color My Heart Color Dare! use the grid shown below to pick your colors. Pick by row, column or diagonal. After that if you want to use some of the other colors in the grid that's fine. You can even use them all! We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Don't add any colors to the palette though. 

Make any paper craft you like and use the link on our home page to join the challenge.  Please include the pic of the grid in your post and tell us what colors you used.

For my card I used the middle column of colors: Lagoon, Silver and Smoothie. I wanted to use our  new flamingo stamp set and felt these colors would be perfect! Using a pattern from our Make It from Your Heart How-to Book made it very easy to make the card!

I stamped the flamingo in black on the light side of Smoothie cardstock and used the Thin Cut die to cut it out. Then I stamped again on the dark side so I could cut out the wing. I glued the wing to the flamingo  but on the narrow end I used a small piece of 3D foam to pop it up a bit. I also popped up the head of the bird.

To get the background I stamped the waves in Lagoon. For the sky I stamped one of the images from Strokes of an Artist using 2nd generation ink. This means I inked the stamp and stamped on scrap paper, then without inking it again I stamped it on my cardstock. I love the touches of silver, too!




Close-up for details.




Z3743 Fabulous Flamingo + Thin Cut Dies

X9017 Mix-in Paper Pack

D1887 Strokes of an Artist

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • How-to Book: Make It from Your Heart, Volume 4, Pattern 6
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Lagoon, Smoothie
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Lagoon, Smoothie
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Ovals
  • Embellishments: Silver Thread, Silver Glitter Gems, Silver Stickles, Silver Shimmer Trim
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest. Just click the tabs in the header for the links.

Now it's your turn to create and share! Which colors from the Tic Tac Toe grid will you use? We can't wait to see your creation!

Have a creative day!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

8 comments:

  1. Aren't flamingos fabulous! Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the technique you used for raising the wing, I often do that when I piece things because it brings so much dimension. Flamingos are amazing, and love how you did your background... very pretty card. When I went to San Diego Zoo back three years ago I hung around their area for a long time, such balancing acts they do. The girl was telling the story of one of them that had been hospitalized for a broken leg and partially replaced and still in therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne. Flamingos truly are amazing and graceful. I love watching them!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card! I love how you used the strokes of an artist in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you've used and how you created some texture in the background. Great card for Colour Dare Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...