Sunday, December 6, 2020

Another Operation Smile Card

Out Operation Smile stamp set is very special.  For each of this stamp set sold, Close To My Heart donates $7 to Operation Smile, a non-profit helping children all over the world with facial surgeries. This is an awesome organization!

I decided to make a card for this hop and it turned out looking hardly at all what I imagined! Sometimes it just happens that way. But I am very pleased with the finished look so that's what counts, right! I knew (I wanted to do an Embossed Resist using the Distress Oxide inks. After that is where things started changing from one step to the next. haha. 

I white embossed the flowers on White Daisy cardstock then started adding the ink in the flower centers, petals and finally the background space around them. I love how these inks blend so easily and create such pretty blended colors along the way. 

The bottom of the white cardstock was shaped using a die from the Fancy Borders Thin Cuts. This is an amazing collection of borders! I love that gentle wave! I popped up a flower at the top and along the side for some dimension. The sentiment is also popped up. 

For the popped up flower center I used some of the white beads from the Bold Bitty Beads. These beads are tiny and you get a ton of them! I first put a bubble of liquid glue on the flower center. Next I sprinkled the beads on top of the glue then put some more glue on top of the beads. I also painted the flower petals with Clear Shimmer on both popped up flowers.





Operation Smile Stamp Set






Other Close To My Heart products used on this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Raspberry
  • Exclusive Inks: Raspberry, Lagoon
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Tattered Rose, Pickled Raspberry, Peacock Feathers
  • Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Mini Blending Tool, Thin 3D Foam Tape, Tombow Liquid Glue
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team.

Would you love to get a discount on every order? Would you love a FREE Stamp of the Month? Would you love exclusive online events and product bundles? You can have all of that and more by joining our VIP Customer Program! Join before December 31, 2020 for an special sign-on bonus!

Before you go..... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the right column.


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #colorchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

First Stampin Up Card!

 As today is my first day as a Demonstrator for Stampin Up I created this pretty card to share. Using the fun Fractured Technique I love eas...