Saturday, January 15, 2022

Technique Hop ~ Let's Get Geometrical

 Welcome to our first Technique Blog Hop of 2022! This month we're sharing a geometric theme and ways to use them in your paper crafting. The blog before mine is Brandi  Robinson. Just click on the links in each post to hop to the next blog. 

My layout is inspired by one done by Tonya Sheridan. I love this heart shape made from triangles of pattern paper! I stamped images around the pages and accented with some Liquid Pearl dots and tiny hearts. By the way.... our new Wood and Acrylic Shapes are thinner than they used to be! They are so much more user friendly on projects in this new thinner dimension!



I cut the paper into 2" squares then cut on the diagonal. To create the heart I started at the bottom placing the first two triangles 1/2" up from the edge and at the middle point of that layer. Here are the layer sizes: 12" base is Mink CS, Black CS is 10 1/2" and the yellow CS is 10". After you get the first two bottom triangles placed the heart comes together pretty easy! Just follow the pattern you see in the photo.


The right page also uses the triangle idea but in a different way. It's a border created on a piece of black CS that is 4 1/4" x 12". The narrow pieces at the ends come from the Zip Border on the pattern paper. 



Other Close To My Heart products used on this layout.
  • Cardstock: Mink, Black, Shortbread
  • Exclusive Inks: Black
  • Embellishments: Bisque Pearls, Gold Thread

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's time to hop to the next blog. It belongs to Cat Nowak.


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #techniquebloghop #layouts

9 comments:

  1. I was wondering what that heart-shaped design would look with the Sweet As Honey Collection. CUTE layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layouts are perfect for this theme - they look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern worked so well with this paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout and how you incorporated the stamp set. I was debating doing a heart layout with the triangles but went a different route this time. I love this design with the Sweet as Honey collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is fantastic! I love how you incorporated the triangles on the other page as well! That is the perfect way to add the coordinating page! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Layout! Love the quilted look on both pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job carrying the triangles to the next page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! I love the heart you created.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...