Sunday, February 20, 2022

Love Story Card

 This month Close To My Heart has a fantastic special you'll want to take part in!  There are 12 bundles of 3 different color themes with tons of fun things inside. After seeing all the great products you are going to want one of each!

 I decided to make a card for my project. I've done something similar to this before and I love how it shows off the paper. I simply cut a piece for a border look and colored just the flowers with some TriBlend Markers.  I used Lavender Blend, Antique Pink Blend and Blue Turquoise Shades. Keeping it simple by only coloring the flowers creates a really pretty look!

The border was bracketed by two strips of Glitter Paper in Desert Rose. The cardstock base is Harbour and the black acrylic heart is part of the bundle! The ink is Black.


Here's a close-up showing the shimmer on the wings of the butterfly. It's a clear shimmer so it's hard to photograph.  Below is a close-up from the side showing how I paper pieced the pink wing of the butterfly. I stamped two butterflies, colored it then cut just the middle one from the 2nd image. I glued down the tip and used some Thin 3D Foam Tape on the outer edge of the wing. For the whole butterfly I glued down the body and used some foam tape under the wings. It gives a nice 3D look to the card without creating a lot of bulk.


The paper I used from the pack and how it looked before coloring. Beautiful either way!



CC22218 Love Story Cardmaking Workshop - Black


G1248 Sawyer Cardmaking Workshop  Stamp Set

Here are some more ideas by fellow Makers I thought you'd like to see. Be sure to check them out!




 

Let's go shopping!

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #CTMHspecials

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...