Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Floating Heart Card

 I have a fun technique to share with you today. Have you been seeing cards out there that appear to have a floating circle or shape? Well here is one I'd like to share!

For your shape you start with a piece of acetate. Mine was cut to a 4" square. Using 1/4" wide strips of scraps glue them to the acetate starting at the top or bottom edge. Keep a slight gap in between each strip. After the glue has dried you can run it through you die cutting machine to get your shape. I adjusted the pressure on my machine since the acetate is harder to cut through than cardstock. Note: if you have trouble you can finish by using a scissors to finish the cut. The die I used came from our Heart Shaker Window Thin Cuts.

While the glue is drying you can work on the rest of the card. I used our new Thin Cut die (see below) to cut the background and layered it on Wild Berry cardstock. Wild Berry is our Close To My Heart Color of the Year and it's gorgeous!

Once the background was ready I went back to the heart shape. The side with the cardstock strips is the "front" side. Using tiny pieces of Foam Tape on the  back of the heart I placed the pieces on the Wild Berry strips. You only need to put them on the outside edge with one piece in the middle of the longer strips. Now place the heart onto the front of the card.

Now it's time for some accents. I used our Layered Flowers Thin Cut for the leaves and cut it from Gold Foil paper. The Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts gave me the sparkly butterfly cut out of Black Glitter paper. 


The sentiments come for the set below. This set covers just about any occasion you can think of!  Exclusive Inks used are Wild Berry and Black. 

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...