Friday, August 5, 2022

Floral Layout ~ Color Dare #508

Welcome to our Color Challenge! Each Friday we give you a set of colors to create with. You can make any paper craft you like. We reference Close To My Heart color but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. When you're ready to join the challenge just use the link in the post on our home page. 

I love how this layout turned out! I just a pattern to get me started. It's from one of our How-to Books called Make It from Your Heart. I used Volume 2, Pattern 2 for this layout. We have many volumes with tons of patterns for layouts and cards!

The stamp set is one of our new ones in the Core Catalog for 2022-23. I couldn't wait to try it out and this is the result. Using White Daisy Cardstock for the base I lightly drew pencil lines to help keep myself on track when stamping. The other colors I used are Flamingo, Mulberry, Sangria, New England Ivy and Avocado. I used the same colors of Exclusive Inks, too. By the way, Sangria and New England Ivy are retiring colors the end of this month. So it's time to stock up!

After stamping on a Post-it note I fussy cut it out to use as a mask. I made masks for the two flower shapes. I started by stamping a large flower across the seam of the two bases and kept adding flowers as I moved to the outer edge of my pencil line. I went back to add the small flower, then added the leaves. Finally I added the small stems and flower buds. The last step was to add some dots of Goldenrod Stickles to the center of the large flowers and around as accents. The mat with white cardstock is for journalling.

The next step was to add the cardstock pieces to the layout and stamp the title on the left page. It's very simple when you have a sketch with all the cutting dimension and placement guide!



Color MY Heart Color Dare Challenge



Left Page

Right Page

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart


16 comments:

  1. Your stamping flower clusters are really magical. Visually stunning and at first look I thought you must have coloured them. Very clever and beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and fantastic masking on your florals... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely layout - makes me want to get scrapping and I have so many photos that need putting down on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower clusters are AMAZING! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love the colours, the layout and the nicely placed florals. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Michelle ~ I love how you created those flower in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout - love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love that stamp set, I love it! I have that stamp set and I know how much work that was and it is incredible! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scrapbook pages, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful stamping to create such a pretty layout! Thanks for sharing your stamping with us @Heart2HeartChallenges!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...