Friday, March 15, 2024

Cute Chick Card ~ March Stamp of the Month

NOTE: It's still business as usual for March-April. 


It's Friday and that means a new color challenge from our team at Color Dare! For this challenge you pick your colors from a row, column or diagonal. After that you can add other colors from the grid. Please see the graphic for the fine print rules.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready click here to join our challenge.

My card was inspired by Kim Wolff. Her's was so cute I just had to recreate it with my own spin for this color challenge! I used the top row of colors: Papaya, Sage and Sundance.

This is another example of how to use the Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts in an "out of the box" way. Did you see birdhouses when you looked at this set? Now I bet you can't un-see it!

This idea pairs so well with the March Stamp of the Month. What a great look! The chick is paper pieced so get that polka dot look. The arrows have a stitched edge making it easy to use a marker for the roof. 

I had to get a bit creative for the openings to the birdhouses. I started looking at my desktop for something to use and came up with the blade container for my Cricut blades. I traced it then colored it in. For the smaller birdhouse I landed on using the center of the small flower Thin Cut. I traced the center then colored it in. Perfect and well proportioned to the houses!

The flowers were colored with a marker for the center and a shimmer brush for the petals keeping a nice white look. Finally, I used some yellow Dots to draw coordinate with the chick. thick is also popped up for dimension.

Scroll down to see a list of products for this card.




Z7133 Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts



Z7141 Just Chicken In Stamp + Thin Cuts
Also available without Thin Cuts
ONLY available March 1 - 31
Get a discount with a qualifying order.
Get it FREE with a VIP Customer qualifying order.

Close To My Heart products used for this card:

Let's go shopping!

ATTENTION VIP CUSTOMERS
 VIP Credits can still be earned through April 30th.
Any credits must be used by May 15th. 

Click here to read the post about CTMH closing June 30th. 
More details are in the post.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle#ctmh, #colordare #colormyheart #stampofthemonth #decorativeshapesthincuts

5 comments:

  1. Love the little birdhouses with the thin cuts. You captured Spring in one card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a lovely Easter card! Cute chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, I just ordered my stamp. Check Double Trouble out, we have "Spring Flowers" as our requirement... hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...