If you've come from the blog of Katy Taylor you're on track. It's one big circle so just keep clicking the links in each post to go to the next blog. You're going to love all the ideas you see a long the way!
For my layout I wanted to use these underwater photos and create a shimmery underwater look. Shimmer is hard to photo so the photos just don't do it justice but I think you'll get the idea.
I decided to sponge layers of color for the tropical waters. I started by making a mask for the layout bases. I wanted the water to be along the left edge and bottom but not go up on the right side. It creates a nice look! Next up was the water life I wanted to use and the stamp set From the Deep Blue was perfect! I stamped and colored and love how they turned out! Once I had the photos and water life in place it was time to SHIMMER!
As I said, shimmer doesn't photo well so I included some close-ups to help you see it. I used a variety of our shimmer brushes on this underwater world. then I got busy adding more shimmer with several colors of Stickles! I think it all works great together to create that pretty shimmery under water world.
|Shimmer on the sandy bottom and the starfish. You can also see some of the shimmer in the water.|
|Shimmer on the fish and water. There is more shimmer on the Seahorse but it doesn't show well.|
|For the letters I cut them in 3 colors then created the same effect I have for the water layers. I added Stickles to the Lagoon layer.|
|D1924 From the Deep Blue|
Close To My Heart products used on this layout
- Stamp Set: From the Deep Blue (also available with coordinating Thin Cut Dies)
- Embellishments: Shimmer Brushes--Clear, Toffee, Mint / Stickles--Diamond, Cool Mint, Pink Taffeta, Glisten, Black Diamond
- Cardstock: White Daisy, Lagoon, Black
- Exclusive Inks: Black, Glacier, Lagoon, Peacock, Toffee, Nectarine
- Thin Cut Dies: Shaker Window and Confetti
- Triblend Markers: Pale Pink, Light Yellow, Coral, Gold Brown, True Blue, Green Turquoise
- Cricut: letters for title
- Tools: Sponge, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!
Before you leave be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! You can also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook through the tabs at the top.
Now it's time to go see what Cat Nowak has made to share with us. I know you'll love it!
Thanks for stopping by!
#showandtellwithmichelle, ctmh, scrapbooking, #techniquebloghop