Friday, September 11, 2020

Happy Birthday ~ Color Dare #411 ~ Retired Colors

 This week our Design Team is having fun combining our recently retired colors with a Tic Tac Toe challenge. You can see the retired colors in the grid below. To join the challenge pick your colors by row column or diagonal. After that if you want to use some of the other colors in the grid go for it! What you can't do is add any brand new colors to the palette. Although we reference Close To My Heart colors you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count so please be careful.

I used the colors in the right column: Pixie, Thistle and Julep and included Silver and Eggplant. the stamp set is one of our new ones from our Core Catalog. It has sentiments that cover a wide variety of occasions, too. Plus the coordinating Thin Cut Dies make it easy to use.

I stamped a random background on both the Pixie and Julep layers. The balloons were given a touch of color with a water brush and ink from the stamp pad lid. Then I used a shimmer brush to add some sparkle to the balloons. It was a quick and easy card to do and I love how it turned out.






Close To My Heart products used to make this card.
  • Stamp Set: Wishing You Everything + Thin Cuts
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Specialty Paper: Happiest Place Coordinating Cardstock*
  • Cardstock: Pixie*, Julep*, White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Pixie*, Julep*, Thistle*, Eggplant*
  • Embellishments: Silver Thread, Julep Glitter Gems*
  • Tools: Clear Shimmer Brush, Thin 3D Foam Tape
* retired product that might be found on my website under Online Only. Click here to look now.

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go ............ be sure to sign up to follow my blog. The link is in the left column. You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook but clicking the tabs in the header. You know you don't want to miss any great ideas!

Now it's time for you to pick your colors and create something to share! Use the link in the post on our home page to join the challenge. We can't wait to see what you create!

Have fun!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #colorchallenge

12 comments:

  1. What a cheerful birthday card! I love the random stamped panels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your personalized stamped backgrounds and the big sentiment... such pretty colors and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a HAPPY card! Great random stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card - the panels are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy card, Michelle! I love that large sentiment - it put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of the embellishments on the card and the large Happy!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...