Sunday, October 18, 2020

Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop

There are so many fantastic new products in our Core Catalog for 2020-21 we just had to have a blog hop to show them off! The blog before mine is Katy Taylor's blog. Click on the link in each post to hop to the next blog. Click here for a list of all the participating Makers.

My daughter and family wen't for their annual trip to the orchard for pumpkins and apples and the photos were just right for this hop. I'm featuring our new Distress Oxide Inks along with Stencils and Glitter Gel. 


I started with the Distress Oxide inks to create a fall looking background. I patted the ink pads onto my All Purpose Mat and spritzed with water. You want to use the All Purpose Mat for this because the clean up is easy...just wipe with a paper towel!Using white cardstock I placed it on top of the spritzed ink and pressed it down. I kept doing this over and over until I had a background I liked. You'll have to add more ink and spritzing as you go.  You can also pat the wetter areas with a paper towel and it helps create a unique look. I set aside the cardstock to dry.

I cut some pattern paper into 3.25" squares then cut diagonally to make the corner accents. After placing the photos on the layout I used a stencil and Glitter Gel to add some subtle shimmer. This Glitter Gel is mostly clear and shimmery but also has some tiny gold star sequins in it. You just lay down the stencil and spread the Gel with a palette knife. 

The pumpkins were stamped and colored with markers. The letters in the title were cut with a Cricut. To make the letters stand out a bit more I outlined them with a black marker. Just that little bit around the edges really makes a difference!






Close To My Heart products used for this layout.
  • Stamp Set: Z3770 Bloom with Grace - Cardmaking + Thin Cut dies
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade
  • Stencil Pack #3, palette knife
  • Stickles Glitter Gel: Nebula
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Paprika
  • Paper Pack: Wood Grain
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • TriBlend Markers: Dull Green, Citrus Blend, Coral Blend, Black
  • All-Purpose Mat
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team.

Become a VIP! Join our new VIP Customer Program and earn 15% off every order! That's just the beginning so click here to read about all the perks of the program and sign up today!

Before you go..... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the right column. 

Now it's time to hop over and see what products and great ideas Darlys Recker is sharing for our hop.

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #newproductbloghop

8 comments:

  1. Love your background and the corner of woodgrain paper. Nice layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Great background. I love how you did some stenciled areas on top of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have created the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You background looks great with these photos!! Fun layout!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...