Sunday, January 31, 2021

Metallic Floral Card #3

This is the third card in my sharing of Metallic Markers on black cardstock. Click here for Card #1. Click here for Card #2.

As I've mentioned, using the metallic markers on black cardstock makes a dramatic look. For this card I went all out with the colors and created a pretty bouquet look. 

First I used an embossing folder to create the raised image. I used black cardstock with a white core and sometimes it cracks when being embossed. To prevent this I simply put a piece of white (or any other color) cardstock on top of the black and embossed them together. This prevents the black from cracking and now I also have a white embossed piece to use on another project!

Once I had the embossing done I was ready to color. You just color the raised part of the image. The ink from the metallic marker flows easily with very little pressure. Just move it across the raised image with either the brush or bullet end of the marker. 

When I finished coloring I cut the 4" square piece into 2" squares. I layered the squares on Gold Foil then black cardstock. At the bottom of the card I layered a sentiment popping it up a bit with foam tape. The Gold Thread ties in with the color foil. 

This is a 5" x 7" card.






Z2535 Rare Minerals Metallic Markers

Z3536 Precious Metals Metallic Markers

Z3694 Spring Blossoms Embossing Folders

B1728 Sending Well Wishes
Used for the sentiments.

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Cardstock: Black, Sage, White
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Sage
  • Specialty Cardstock: Gold Foil
  • Gold Thread
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

I hope my project put you in the mood to join the fun and create something to share! Can't wait to see what you make!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Floral ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #575

 Welcome to a new sketch challenge from our team at Atlantic Hearts. Here is a fun slimline sketch that I know you'll love to create wit...