Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Stepping It Up the Simple Way!

Hello! Today I'm showing you two cards that use the same basic design but have totally different feels. Both are very pretty but the second one I "stepped up" with a couple easy details. Which one do you like best?

Both cards use the Silver Bells paper and Stickers. No stamping this time! Using my Thin Cut Circle Dies I cut 3 circles in various sizes (2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2"). These sizes nest together very well and fit nicely on a card front. 

X7298S Silver Bells Paper Packet + Sticker Sheet


The first card is done in the warmer tones of this paper pack. Gold Glitter paper frames the outside of the card. The sentiment has gold, too. The gems are from the Silver Bells Dots.



The second card uses the cool tones of the papers. I love it when you can go either way with the colors! I used the same paper patterns but in a different order this time. I also rimmed the edge of the circles with a Gold Paint Marker. What a difference that makes! One little step and WOW! I brought in more gold tones with Glitter paper and gems. The background is Charcoal cardstock using both the light and dark sides. 

The sentiments and holly leaves are from the sticker sheet.  

When using Glitter Papers it's hard to get things to stick to it. I like to use Thin Foam Tape because it's fast, easy and adds a new dimension to the overall look. If you don't want that popped up look you can use liquid adhesive. Just remember to give it drying time.





Close To My Heart products used for these cards:

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking #christmascards

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Clean & Simple Look ~ Color Dare #601

Hi and welcome to a new color challenge from the Color Dare Team! This week you have one  "must use" color and one color choice fr...