Sunday, March 24, 2024

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvious ways..... OR ...... use the shapes in unusual ways!



Did you see birdhouses or a fence in the shapes above? I bet you do now! Look at my layout to see the shapes I used. I forgot to include the tab shape but I did use it for the pink tab.


I started with building a fence. The small arrow shape was die cut many times but only a partial cut to get the top. I then lined it up on my paper trimmer to get the full slat of the fence. I also inked the edges of each slat with black ink for some definition since I knew I'd be using a white base for the layout.



After I had the fence made I turned to the base page. I knew I wanted clouds for the sky so I got out my cloud stencil, blending brush and Glacier Ink. If you don't have a cloud stencil you can easily make one. Take a piece of cardstock and cut some curves along the edge. When you apply the ink you're actually creating the space/shadows between the clouds. 


After the clouds were done I got busy adding the fence to the layout. I tore some strips of cardstock for grass and tucked the fence between the layers. The next part was adding the birdhouses, tabs and accents. The title and butterflies come from the Gnomes for Spring stamp set. When inking the sentiment I dragged it across the pad then stamped it for that streaked look. 


Close To My Heart products used for this layout:
Cloud Stencil 


ATTENTION VIP CUSTOMERS
 VIP Credits can still be earned through April 30th.
Any credits must be used by May 15th. 

Click here to read the post about CTMH closing June 30th. 
More details are in the post.

Michelle Loncar

#showandtellwithmichelle #layouts #decorativeshapes #gnomesforspring

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...